- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
Pet Teeth Cleaning and Pet Dental Care in Bowling Green KY
Pet dental care is important for your pet’s quality of life! As your pet’s veterinarian in Bowling Green, we recommend bringing your pet to the veterinarian at least once per year. At Snodgrass Veterinary Medical Center we provide a range of pet dental care services for pets in need of dental care. Bringing your pet to our clinic for an annual teeth examination and teeth cleaning can help your pet ward off periodontal disease and maintain a good quality of life.
Symptoms of Dog and Cat Dental Disease
Being able to recognize the symptoms of dog and cat dental disease can help you decide when it’s time to take your pet to the veterinarian for dental care. Watch your pet for these symptoms:
- Very bad breath
- Stains on the teeth and gums
- Chips and cracks in the teeth
- Loose and missing teeth
- Reluctance to chew hard foods
- Bleeding gums
Dog and Cat Dental Cleaning Services in Bowling Green KY
As your pet’s veterinarian in Bowling Green, we offer the following dental care services for pets:
- Dental examinations. During our dental examinations, we’ll check your dog or cat for plaque buildup, staining, missing or loose teeth and other indications of pet dental disease. If we determine that your pet needs teeth cleaning or another dental care procedure, we’ll make recommendations to help your pet stay healthy.
- Pet teeth cleaning. Once they reach adulthood, many pets need to get their teeth cleaned on an annual basis. During the teeth cleaning, we’ll scrape off your pet’s plaque build up and polish the tooth enamel.
- Tooth extractions. Sometimes tooth infections require us to extract the tooth. Tooth extraction can stop the spread of infection to other parts of the body and may also stop toothaches from reducing your pet’s quality of life.
- Cavity fillings. Our cavity filling procedure can stop the spread of tooth decay and can also prevent your pet from experiencing toothaches.
Equine Dental Cleaning
Like pets, horses need to see the veterinarian for dental care at least once annually. This is especially true if the horse demonstrates symptoms of dental problems such as abnormal wear and tear of the teeth, gingivitis, periodontal disease and tartar accumulation. As your horse’s veterinarian in Bowling Green, we can provide expert equine dental care. Our examinations and dental services can help ensure that your horse maintains healthy teeth and gums throughout his or her life.
Contact Your Veterinarian in Bowling Green KY
Dental care is important for helping pets and horses maintain a good quality of life. At Snodgrass Veterinary Medical Center, we provide annual dental care for pets of Bowling Green and for horses in the community as well. We recommend that all our animal patients have an annual check up to ensure that their teeth are healthy. To make an appointment with our veterinarian, contact us today at 270-781-5041. We look forward to meeting with you!