- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
Posted on 06-29-2017
Dental Care Tips for Pets
Pet dental care is important. Without regular teeth cleanings, your pet can get an infection in the teeth or gums. At Snodgrass Veterinary Medical Center we help pet owners take care of their pet's teeth.
Pet Dental Care Tips from Your Bowling Green Veterinarian
- Work with your vet to find new solutions to your pet's dental care. There are many products you can use to care for your pet's dental health. Dental chews, teeth-cleaning chew toys, and other products can help your pet maintain healthy teeth and gums. Work with your pet's Bowling Green veterinarian to find products that work for your animal friend.
- Brush and inspect your pet's teeth every day. Your pet's teeth should be brushed every day with pet-formulated toothpaste and a toothbrush that's the right size for your pet's mouth. While you're brushing your pet's teeth, inspect your pet's mouth for signs of dental disease. When you see an indication that your pet has dental disease, contact your pet's veterinarian right away.
- Know the signs of dental disease. While you're inspecting your pet's teeth, watch for these symptoms of periodontal disease:
- Red, inflamed, bleeding gums.
- Stains on the teeth and gums.
- Loose, missing, chipped or cracked teeth.
- Very bad breath.
- Bring your pet to Snodgrass Veterinary Medical Center once annually for pet teeth cleaning. Even if you haven't noticed the signs of dental disease in your pet, you should still bring your pet to the veterinarian once annually for teeth cleaning. At Snodgrass Veterinary Medical Center, we clean pet teeth above and below the gum line to protect dental health.
Contact Your Pet's Vet Clinic in Bowling Green Today!
As your pet's vet clinic in Bowling Green KY, we help pets get the dental care they need when they need it. We offer a range of dental care services for pets including pet teeth cleaning, dental examinations, cavity fillings and tooth extractions. To make an appointment and have your pet seen by the veterinarian, contact us at 270-781-5041.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.